A pilonidal cyst is an abscess; you must visit your healthcare office to receive proper treatment. The healthcare professional first numbs the specific area and makes a small cut to drain the cyst. However, if the cyst returns, your doctor may recommend pilonidal cyst surgery. Thus, it becomes easy to get the treatment for pilonidal cyst infection, and it helps you lead life freely.
Valuable Facts About Pilonidal Cyst
A round sac of tissue forms a pilonidal cyst, and they are filled with fluid. Usually, a skin infection is responsible for pilonidal cyst causes, and you need to consult an expert. The cysts sometimes cause pain, and untreated cysts may result in abscess formation. The infection affects the crease of the buttocks, and it even becomes difficult to sit.
Who usually gets a pilonidal cyst?
Here you will get a brief view of who will get a pilonidal cyst:
- People with unwanted body hair may develop a pilonidal cyst, and it’s essential to consult an experienced doctor.
- Obesity is another leading cause of pilonidal cysts; thus, you must control your body weight.
- People wearing tight clothing all day long have higher chances of developing pilonidal cysts.
- People between puberty may develop the infection, and a doctor will help you get the proper treatment.
Thus, you can take necessary precautions to avoid getting the infection. Once you start taking pilonidal cyst antibiotics, you will notice an improvement in your symptoms. Ensure that the doctor makes you aware of the side effects; thus, you can take the medicines free from any worries.
Symptoms of Pilonidal Cyst
Now, you must know the symptoms of a pilonidal cyst. The symptoms:
- Pain worsens while sitting, and the area becomes red and swollen. It may become tender to the touch, leading to extreme discomfort.
- Nausea, fever and fatigue affect your quality of life.
- You may notice a prominent dimple in a specific area, one of the main symptoms of a pilonidal cyst.
Consult your doctor if you notice these symptoms, and it becomes easy to recover. The medicines relieve pilonidal cyst complications, and thus you will enjoy life in real-time.
Pilonidal Cyst Diagnosis
First, your doctor will check the size of your cyst, which will help you get good treatment. Also, your doctor will check whether the fluid is draining out, and you may need medicines to stop fluid drainage. Doctors may use injections to treat mild pilonidal cysts, reducing the infection’s severity. Laser therapy is another advanced treatment that removes ingrown hair and helps you avoid the regrowth of pilonidal cysts. Also, the doctor may prescribe antibiotics that help treat skin inflammation and reduce the cyst’s growth.
Once you find a good doctor, you will feel confident and learn how pilonidal cyst treatment improves your overall way of life. Before you visit your doctor, you may get a warm compress that will give you quick relief. And you may use an inflatable mattress that brings ultimate comfort. Doctors can treat pilonidal cysts quickly, and doctors will restore normal skin conditions. Finally, you will explore a better life.